The Washington Reflexology Association (WRA), is largely based in the Seattle area but has state wide members. Lorna has sent in several articles for the WRA newsletter and looks forward to continued work with the members. A highlight with WRA was the outreach and big thank you at the Joint-base Lewis McChord Care Fair. Five members of the WRA spent over 3 hours treating troops and their families to the vitalizing relaxation of Hand and Feet Reflexology. The last client was the widow of a WWII veteran.
The Oregon Reflexology Network (ORN), which includes SW Washington, offers further interaction with Reflexology members and more continued education classes.
Training and Education help expand knowledge and keep Reflexology skills fresh:
- 2007 – International Academy of Reflexology & Meridians Reflexology School, Inge Dougans, CR; South Africa; author of The New Reflexology: A Unique Blend of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Western Reflexology Practice for Better Health and Healing; Tianne Carrigan and Marty McKay, instructors
- 2007 – Assessing Meridian Energy and Reflexology, Inge Dougans, CR; South Africa
- 2008 – Hands and Ear Reflexology, Tammy Felix, CR, LMP; Portland, OR
- 2010 – The Science of Reflexology, Dr Manzanares, MD, CR; Spain
- 2012 – Round About Digestion, Dorthe Krogsgaard LMP, CR, and Peter Lund Frandsen, Medical training, CR; Denmark. 40 yrs combined reflexology experience in Denmark where nearly 1/4 of the people have tried and/or are using reflexology.
- 2013 – Family Foot Reflexology, online course
- 2014 – Pain Control & Stress Reduction with Foot Hand Ear Reflexology, Bill Flocco, CR; Los Angeles
- 2018 – Mental Health First Aid, Centralia, WA
- 2018 – Round About Arm & Hand, Dorthe Krogsgaard LMP, CR, and Peter Lund Frandsen; Denmark